Sunday, June 9, 2013

Get your MOJO back!

I like to run, but I have to admit that running is a battle of the will for me.  I don't have what you would call the "runner's physique."  In fact, when I ran track in high school I finished a 200 meter sprint in practice and my coach's first words to me were, "Robinette...I think you missed your calling."  I won't tell you what I said to him in my mind, but I answered "what do you mean coach?"  "Football...you should have played football.  You would have made a great defensive lineman."  Not what you want to hear after pouring your heart out in the 200 Meter Dash.

Today was a little different.  For the past few months I've tried running without music simply because I couldn't figure out how to download it on my phone.  Who knew it was so easy?  About a mile into my run the pain and the thought "Why am I intentionally torturing myself would come to my mind and take over and this would cause me to take a walk break.  We all know that if you take a break it is harder to get back going so this stopping and going greatly hurt my run.

Today was different...I turned on the music and I made it through the first mile in a song and a half (the first song was really long).  I did the math and I shaved two minutes off my mile simply by having something going through my mind other than..."Oh my Gosh this is horrible!"

Showing people the love of Christ can be just as hard as running.  Many times we aren't "feeling it" or it would just be easier to walk on by and not engage the person at our school, work or home that needs a touch from Christ.  We must have our mind in the right place in order to tap into what God is doing around us.  John 15:5 says, "If you remain in me you will bear much fruit.  Apart from me you can do nothing."  In other words...if we aren't connected with Christ the run will be harder...nearly impossible.  We will be more likely to stop and once we stop it is harder to get back going.

My prayer for me and you today is that we will plug into Christ and allow him to pour his love into us. I guarantee your "MOJO will overflow."

No comments:

Post a Comment