Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Some stupid stuff I've said...

I know what Paul is saying when he says "I do what I don't want to do" in Romans.  More likely for me it is "I say what I don't mean to say..."  Some times things just come out like:
  • "Hey...nice glasses kid" to a elementary school student with corrective eye wear that I really just thought had some pretty cool classes that he got out of the change machine.
  • "Yeah...I deliver food to AIDS Patients" to a girl I didn't want her to know that I was walking her home from class b/c I thought she was gorgeous.  I did deliver the food to AIDS Patients though...I wasn't fibbing. (**Please note that I wrote fibbing b/c I wasn't sure how to spell lying or lieing...spelling will not be the subject or focus of this blog.) 
  • "Happy Anniversary...I'm so happy for you" to a church member who I thought was celebrating one year of being cancer free, but really it was one year of him finding out he had cancer.  He answered with "what the ___________ are you talking about?"  You fill in the blank...but it lead to an amazing relationship that just had a rocky start.
  • "Hey...you should apply to be on the bachelorette" to my wife who I was dating at the time.  Her response, "Why...b/c I don't have a boyfriend?"  My response, "Oh...yeah."
The bullet points could go on and on, but the crazy thing is that God has taken my good intentions and many bad presentations and allowed me to share His love with a lot of people.  The goal of this blog is not to teach you how to be effective at  sharing the Love of Christ, but to encourage you in  your efforts.  Seriously...if I can do it...anyone can.  You won't find four steps or laws but hopefully you will find how God can take your life...your everyday walking around, going to school, going to work life (Romans 12:1 The Message) and use it to further the kingdom.  Even if you stumble over yourself a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment