Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Surrouned by a great cloud of witnesses...

Yesterday was an amazing day.  I was able to celebrate seven-years of marriage to my amazing wife and also celebrate my ordination with friends and family.  As people greeted me and drove miles to celebrate with me I was reminded of how important people are in our faith journey.  While I was greeting people after the service I shook hands with:
  • The person who prayed with me as an eleven year old to give my life to Christ
  • The person who prayed with me as a middle schooler to accept a call to ministry
  • The first pastor I served under to who this day still emodies "Loving God and People" better than any person I have met.
  • A pastor who mentored and put up with my shananigans for over six years.
  • A pastor who has taught me amazing things about leadership.
  • My parents who presented me before the church in 1981 to be baptized and have walked with me every step of the way for the past 32 years.
  • My amazing step-daughter who shows the love of Christ to people on a daily basis.
  • My amazing daughter who smiles with the smile of God.
  • My wife who pushes me to be better than I ever could be on my own.
  • A church who has invested in me over the past two years and has decided to dream big in how to reach Louisville with the Love of Christ.
  • My sisters who have been there encouraging me all the way.
I know that I'm missing some people here.  Yesterday was an amazing experience because I got to see 32 years in rewind and reflect upon the amazing people who have helped shape who I am in Christ.  We are all surrounded by great witnesses and mentors.  We are also all called to mentor those around us.  Today I'm thankful for those that took the time to invest in my life.  Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment